Any major change in a business’ operations will create some additional load on a business, but much like an investment in software the long term results of implementing a Quality Management System (QMS) are well worth the effort.
Remember when people only used paper blueprints? Now all files are electronic. Implementing a QMS (like ISO 9000) is a similar situation - a little work up front, but after a short time you’ll see the benefits in your organization.
When ISO 9001 is implemented in an organization:
- Well defined and documented procedures improve the consistency of output
- Quality is constantly measured
- Procedures ensure corrective action is taken whenever defects occur
- Defect rates decrease
- Defects are caught earlier and are corrected at a lower cost
- Defining procedures identifies current practices that are obsolete or inefficient
- Documented procedures are easier for new employees to follow
- Organizations retain or increase market share, increasing sales or revenues
ISO 9001 Auditing