I want to add some more regarding six sigma.
In Define Phase the following are to be defined
- Problem statement
- Part Number
- Response (Measurable / Not measurable)
- History of rejection (2 years)
- Instrument Used
- Is R&R study required
- Suspected Sources of Variation
You can use the techniques like Process mapping, FEMA, Pareto, R&R studies.
In Measure and Analyze phase, use Design of Experiments [doe] tools.
- Paired comparison
- Process parameter search
- Component Search
- Modified component search
- Multi vari analysis
- Concentration chart
- Variable search
- Full factorial
In Improve Phase, use techniques like
- B Vs C [Better Vs Current]
- Analysis of Variance
- Scatter Plot
- Response Surface Methodology.
- In Control phase, use techniques like
- Variation analysis
- Control Charts
- Pre-Control Charts
- Process Control analysis and Control Plan
- Mistake Proofing
Hope this will give better idea on six sigma approach.[/quote]
Your interpretation is very clear. I am working at QA department in a new company and I don’t know should start from where. does it uses DMAIC. Can you help me about Quality Control. Thanks a lot.