In terms of machine or equipment maintenance what should the supplier/vendor supply to give you confidence that if something goes wrong with your equipment when production begins you have some degree of reassurance that the you will have backup.
Below is a list I have put together of possible items to look out for, the vendor at a minimum should provide documentation comprised of the following:
- Machine Descriptions
- Schematics/Assembly Drawings, Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatic, etc.
- Operational Instructions
- Trouble Shooting Manual
- Calibration Requirements, Schedules and Procedures
- List of lubricants & lubrication frequency
- Preventative Maintenance Schedule and Requirement Procedures
- Spare parts list and recommended spare part list
- Purchased Component Literature/Datasheet.
- Alarm output descriptions and troubleshooting guidelines
- Life expectancy analysis
- Training Manuals
- Critical Set-up manuals
Please add more items to this list to make it more definitive
Hope this list helps