Learnaboutgmp Community

Ideas for pushing lean in the lab

I am in my new job as a QC Analyst with a major pharmaceutical company in Ireland this past 7 months and I was actually made permanent this past Christmas.

I would like to now start to step it up a gear and start to stand out a bit more so I would like some tips on how to go about doing this?

The company is also going through a big implementaion of the lean initiative I would like some thoughts on how I could help to drive this in the lab better we currently do 5s audits in the lab, any ideas greatly appreciated?

Congrats

[quote=sonofsuperman]
I would like to now start to step it up a gear and start to stand out a bit more so I would like some tips on how to go about doing this?

The company is also going through a big implementaion of the Lean initiative I would like some thoughts on how I could help to drive this in the lab better we currently do 5s audits in the lab, any ideas greatly appreciated?[/quote]

You’ve answered this question yourself, lean is a big thing at the moment in our industry and it will only get bigger as more and more companies want to manage their processess in a more cost effective way.

Do you know about Lean Six Sigma and the methodolgies that apply.

I would suggest looking into doing a Lean Six sigma training course to obtain your green belt.

I did mine about 3 years ago and it was very helpful.

You should be able to get your company to pay for it, if you show them that you are interested and are willing to use this knowlegde to help you in your own job.

Regards